Grown in the Himalayas, the Moringa Plant is quickly becoming one of the world’s most revered superfood plants thanks to its incredible nutritional profile. Touted as having more than 90 nutrients and over 45 compounds with antioxidant properties, a significant dose of vitamins A, C and E, as well potassium, calcium and protein, the Moringa Plant is known for a myriad of health benefits including its ability to fight inflammation and free radicals, support the brain and protect the cardiovascular system, liver and much more.
Though most of us don’t have access to fresh Moringa Leaves, one aspect of the Moringa Plant that makes it an amazing source of nutrition for people around the world is the fact that it doesn’t lose its nutritional density once it’s been properly dried and ground down into powder form!
Although it seems minimal, ½ to 1 teaspoon of Moringa Powder a day is the perfect amount to give your body a nutrient-packed health boost; and the best part is, its mild, earthy flavor makes it incredibly easy to incorporate into your daily diet, just think of it as a superfood seasoning and see what tickles your fancy.
Below are a list of a few of our favorites to get you started on your journey towards better health!
1. Moringa Apple Juice: Apple juice and OMG! Superfoods Moringa Powder are like a match made in heaven! If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add this incredible superfood into your diet then follows these simple directions and get ready to give your body the daily health boost it desires:
8 oz Apple Juice
1 tsp Moringa Powder
Simply add the Moringa to a small amount of juice and mix them together into a paste, then top off your cup with more apple juice for a delicious beverage.
2. Raw Vegan Moringa Guacamole: is a nutrient dense snack that provides the nutrients you need while also satisfying your tastebuds! It’s as easy as mashing a single avocado with a fork and mixing the following ingredients together:
1 medium ripe avocado
4 ripe cherry tomatoes Fresh cilantro, finely chopped, to taste
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp Moringa Powder
Pink Himalayan Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
*Tip: Leaving the avocado pit in the guacamole will make it last longer!
3. Smoothie: Prepare your tastebuds for a truly special treat and blend your way to a supercharged state of health with this delicious nutrient-packed smoothie:
1 tsp OMG! Moringa Powder
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
½ cup of blueberries
1 peeled orange
1 cup of coconut water
4. Moringa Mustard Salad Dressing: A great way to make your favorite salad even healthier is with this fabulous moringa mustard salad dressing, which boasts a delicate balance of kick from the mustard, sweetness from the maple syrup and the daily dose of nutrients your body craves thanks to the magic of moringa!
Blend the following ingredients in a blender until the oil thickens, drizzle the mixture over your salad and enjoy:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp of Moringa Powder
1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp ground mustard
1 Tbsp maple syrup Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Moringa Tea: One of the easiest ways to incorporate Moringa into your diet is by making your own Moringa Tea! Just follow the directions below and you’ll have a light, earthy and nutritionally dense cup of warmth that is perfect for anytime of day:
3 grams of Moringa Powder
1 cup of water
Pour the Moringa Powder into a coffee maker with a filter, add water, and go, it’s that easy!